The world conference ACUUS 2018 Hong Kong
The world conference ACUUS has been held for more than 30 years in different cities around the globe, Hong Kong welcomes it after St Petersburg, where it was held in 2016.
Dates: 5 – 7 November 2018
The last conference gathered about 600 participants from 34 countries, the Procedia Engineering magazine published its proceedings (SCOPUS indexed).
Deadline for abstract submission: 28 February 2018
Notification of acceptance: 30 March 2018
Deadline for paper submission: 30 June 2018
- Integrated Planning
- Architecture and Design
- Underground Infrastructure
- Sustainability and Environment
- Safety and Human Factors
- Economics and Legal Issues
- Technical Approaches and Innovations
The abstract may be submitted via official website only, the organisers emphasize, that the abstracts sent via email, fax, etc., will not be reviewed by the Scientific Committee and hence could not be included into the programme. Here is the link for the online abstract submission While registering on website, please fill actual information accurately, as all the notices will be sent to the provided email address, including notifications of acceptance and similar!
Your abstracts should not be longer than 300 words. Please use the official form on the website for registration and abstract’s submission, in case of any technical difficulties, please enquire the Secretariat via email firstname.lastname@example.org For full information and the guidelines please visit official website.
The presentations of the following keynote speakers were recently added to the programme:
- Mr. Raymond LEE – Director of Planning Department,Hong Kong
- Mr. Eng Hwee LIM – Chief Executive Officer,Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA), Singapore
- Prof. David MANGIN – Co-partner SEURA Architects, France
- Mr. Ilkka VÄHÄAHO – Chairman of the Finnish Tunnelling Association International Activity Group, Finland
- Mr. Andrew MEAD – Chief Architect (ARBUK) MTR Corporation Limited, Hong Kong
- Prof. Chee-Kiong SOH – Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Along with the scientific programme from 5 to 7 November, the workshop is scheduled for November 4 and the technical visits are scheduled for November 8.
So far the following technical visits are planned:
- Stanley Sewage Treatment Plant
- Happy Valley Underground Stormwater Storage Scheme (HVUSSS)
- Po Shan Drainage Tunnel and HKU Saltwater Service Reservoir
The organisers suggest participants choose one of the options and bring their own personal protection equipment (Helmet, Safety Vest and safety shoes). The information is subject to finalization.
The payment with the early-bird registration rate will be about 615 US$ for ACUUS members and 705US$ for the others, during the period from May 1 to October 15 the rates are 745 and 835 accordingly and after October 15 the prices will be 835 and 895. The student’s rate is 230US$.
The Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre is one of the two major convention and exhibition venues in Hong Kong, along with AsiaWorld-Expo. It is located in Wan Chai North, Hong Kong Island. Built along the Victoria Harbour, it is linked by covered walkways to nearby hotels and commercial buildings.
Address: 1 Expo Drive, Wanchai, Hong Kong (Please use Harbour Road Entrance)
ACUUS 2018 Secretariat
c/o International Conference Consultants Limited
Office address: Unit C-D, 17/F, Max Share Centre, 373 King’s Road, North Point, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 2559 9973
Fax: (852) 2547 9528
Select an article of interest:
Tell us about our article to your friends,
sharing a link in a social network
and agree to the processing of personal data. Read more